Each year, our stewards gather for our Local 1459 “Steward’s Seminar” to learn skills and ideas that will help them become effective stewards. It’s an all-day event chock full of speakers and educational sessions designed to give stewards an opportunity to get a better understanding of contract language and the rights it provides.
- Learn strategies for effective contract enforcement and for dealing with coworkers who are having problems
- Hear from key guest speakers
- Listen to representatives from the UFCW International talk about issues facing workers at the national level
- Talk with our union representatives about workplace issues and get feedback on problems
- Get advice from other stewards and union leadership
- Receive recognition for their outstanding efforts and contributions to Local 1459 members
All UFCW Local 1459 steward’s are eligible to attend. Many stewards are eligible to receive a paid day off from work to attend the seminar. Please check with your union representative to determine if your contract contains this provision.
If you moved within the last year, make sure we have your current address on file . If we don’t have a valid address for you, you will not receive the registration information.